Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions govern the provision of training services by Social Care Training Ireland with the exclusion of any other oral or written statement, or agreement, whatever its legal character.
- 'Client or Customer' means a company or individual that completes a course booking form or enters into a contractual arrangement.
- 'Delegate' means the party or parties named as attendees on the course booking form.
- 'SCTI' refers to Social Care Training Ireland Limited.
These terms and conditions shall apply to all training carried out in the provision of services by SCTI to the customer in accordance with any order confirmation authorised by the Customer. No additions to, or modifications of, these Terms and Conditions shall have effect unless expressly agreed in writing by both parties and expressed to be amendments to these Terms and Conditions. SCTI’s employees or agents are not authorized to make any representations whatsoever concerning the provision of services unless confirmed by SCTI in writing. The Customer acknowledges that it does not rely on, and waives any breach of, any such representations that are not so confirmed.
3. Acceptance of Order
- Bookings can be accepted at any time up to the course start date, subject to availability.
- A valid form of payment must be received from the Customer in order to reserve a place.
- Bookings can be made online. Bookings are only confirmed once the Customer has received an email notification stating the confirmation from SCTI.
4. Substitutions, Rescheduling and Cancellations
- It is the Customer's responsibility, having referred to relevant SCTI course information, or consultation with SCTI’s training representative, to ensure the course is suitable for the student's requirements.
- Bookings transferred or rescheduled by the customer within 14 days (inclusive) of the commencement date of the course will incur a 25% transfer fee.
- In all circumstances, SCTI require written notification of any transfer requests, where if approved will be confirmed by email by SCTI.
- Cancellations by customers made 15 working days or more before course commencement will not incur cancellation charges.
- Cancellations within 14 to 8 working days (inclusive) of course commencement will incur a 50% cancellation fee and within 7 working days will incur a full cancellation fee.
- In all circumstances, SCTI require written notification of any cancellations.
- SCTI undertakes to provide the training course on the date specified except when external circumstances prevent this. In these circumstances, SCTI will endeavour to re-run the course on a mutually agreeable basis.
- SCTI reserves the right to cancel a course, though we make every effort to ensure this does not occur. In the event of a course being cancelled by SCTI, alternative dates will be proposed or a full refund of monies paid will be made to the customer.
- Refunds are added to our monthly payments run and are transferred via EFT. The monthly payments run is dependent on the schedule of our Accounts Department, who strive to have it completed on or before the last Friday of every month.
- If a customer supplies SCTI with incorrect bank details and the payment cannot be made, the refund payment will be delayed and put on our payments run the following month.
- If a customer supplies SCTI with incorrect bank details and the payment is transferred into a wrong account, the customer forfeits any claim to a refund.
- SCTI takes no responsibility for loss of profit and/or for any incidental, consequential special or indirect losses as a consequence of exceptional cancellations.
SCTI reserves the right to assign or subcontract its training courses to other appointed and approved personnel.
6. Pricing and Payment Terms
- All course fees are fixed and published by SCTI. SCTI reserves the right to review and change course fees.
- The course fee includes tuition, training materials and administration time as appropriate to the course.
- The client agrees to pay for any loss or extra cost incurred by SCTI through the client's instructions or through failure in taking delivery on the part of the client, its servants or employees.
7. Course Content
Our course listing is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer for a particular course or program. SCTI constantly strives to improve the content of its courses and therefore reserves the right to modify the specification of a course without notice to the Customer. A course title, duration, cost, content and location are liable to change at any time.
8. Delegate Suitability
- It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure that the course is suitable for their requirements. All delegates should have read and understood the course outline and meet the necessary prerequisites.
- SCTI reserves the right to ask a delegate to leave the training event if the delegate does not meet the course prerequisites.
- SCTI urges clients to support this policy, which is designed to protect the Customer's investment.
- All delegates will be required to abide by any site rules and regulations operating at the course location.
9. Force Majeure
SCTI shall be entitled to delay or cancel delivery or to reduce the amount delivered if it is prevented from, hindered in or delayed in the provision of services through any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, acts of God, reduction in or unavailability of power, break down of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from normal sources of supply.
10. Limitation of Liability and Indemnities
- Except as may otherwise be expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and representations of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, whether by statute, common law or otherwise, are hereby excluded by SCTI to the fullest extent permitted by law and SCTI shall have no other obligation, duty or liability whatsoever in contract, tort, statute or otherwise to the Customer.
- SCTI represents and warrants that the services provided will be performed in a professional and skilful manner consistent with the professional standards and the general customs and practices of the industry.
- SCTI maximum aggregate liability for any and all losses, claims, demands, damages, costs and/or expenses of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any order confirmation and/or these Terms and Conditions (whether in contract, tort, by statute or otherwise) shall not, in total, exceed the amount actually paid by the Customer to SCTI for the services which are the subject of the order confirmation in question.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, SCTI shall not be liable to the Customer (whether in contract, tort, by statute or otherwise) for loss of profits and/or for any incidental, consequential, special or indirect loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any order confirmation and/or these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to: (a) loss of use; (b) loss of goodwill; (c) loss and/or corruption of data; (d) loss of information; (e) loss of business; (f) loss of goods; (g) loss of anticipated savings; (h) loss of revenue; (i) downtime; (j) any damage relating to the procurement by the Customer of any substitute services.
- For the avoidance of doubt, neither the types of loss and/or damage specified in sub-clauses 10.iv (a) through (j) inclusive above nor any similar types of loss and/or damage shall constitute direct loss for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions and/or any order confirmation.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions and/or any order confirmation shall restrict and/or exclude in any way SCTI’s liability for (a) death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of SCTI its officers and/or employees; and/or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation. The Customer is liable for any loss, damage or injury to SCTI staff or their property which may arise whilst working at the Customer location and is due to negligence or breach of statutory duty by the Customer.
- SCTI accepts no liability for the failure of any third party hardware, software and/or systems which may be the subject of any SCTI services: this includes failure to meet its operating specification.
- No part of the training material may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without prior permission in writing of SCTI or the copyright owner.
- All Intellectual Property Rights for any product or service remain the property of SCTI unless otherwise stated or agreed.
Disclaimer: The information contained in all SCTI coursework & literature is distributed on an "As Is" basis, without warranty. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of the training courses and associated literature, neither the author nor SCTI shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained in the coursework or by the computer software and hardware products described in it.
Social Care Training Ireland Limited.
Daffodil House, 25 Market Street, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland.
© All rights reserved. The Social Care Training Ireland logo, "Social Care Training Ireland " and " www.socialcaretraining.ie, www.scti.ie, www.socialcaretrainingireland.ie ” are trademarks of Social Care Training Ireland Limited and are used under license.