Professional Supervision Training for Social Care Managers and Leaders (Sligo)
This Professional Supervision training course has been developed to support managers/leaders to provide effective supervision to practitioners that is both challenging and enabling.
The training has been devised from research, practice knowledge and a number of colleagues work over a period of several years in order to give the participant an empowering knowledge of supervision which will develop organisational and cultural change.
The training focuses on the developments related to supervision in social care in Ireland. Tony Morrison and Eileen O’Neill’s approaches are explored throughout to clearly highlight supervision as an effective tool for continual development in organisations, particularly within the realm of Social Care.
- Definition of Supervision – an exploration of understanding
- Company Policy and Procedure
- National Standards and the Requirements
- What is the Dual focus of Supervision?
- The need for Supervision relative to Organisational objectives, Personal Development and Client Centeredness
- Responsibility & Accountability
- The Different types of Supervision (Formal/Informal/Peer/Group/Individual)
- Roles & their Responsibilities
- Strengths Based Focus
- Kolb’s Supervision cycles
- Morrison & O’Neill’s Supervision knowledge & theories
- Practical Exercises & Workshops
The Learning Outcomes
- Participants will gain a higher level of knowledge relative to supervision as a form of personal, team and organisational support and development
- Participants will understand that supervision is a formal and informal process and therefore in their practices will understand that supervision occurs all the time
- Participants will return to their organisations with the awareness of their own and the organisation’s responsibilities in relation to supervision
- The organisation will benefit from the cycle of development encouraged through supportive supervision for staff and management
- The process of Supervision for the organisation will be simplified and the processes involved clarified
Certification: Social Care Training Ireland Certificate in Professional Supervision Training for Social Care Managers and Leaders (valid for two years)
For more information on ourtraining courses, call Páidí on 0818 220 261 or email email@example.com
Contact & Location of selected Schedule
(Lattitude, Longitude) : ()