Social Care Training Ireland run public training courses across Ireland on a regular basis, in addition to delivering on-site training to groups and organisations nationwide. Our trainers tailor the courses to the needs of the participants. We also deliver bespoke training courses, tailored specifically for your group.
Disability Consultancy Solutions
Social Care Training Ireland, in tandem with Daffodil Care Services, provides bespoke “Disability Consultancy Solutions” for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities. The ‘National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities’ (2013) provide a systematic and transparent approach to the health, social, emotional and vocational wellbeing of service users. However they also create many challenges for a busy sector regarding the implementation of accountable structures and systems.
The National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities apply to residential and respite services across the disability sectors in Ireland, whether they are run by public, private or voluntary bodies or organisations.
The Standards are outcome focused on what services are trying to achieve and are key principles which guide residential services on how best to provide a safe and effective service for adults and children. Our expert consultants are available to discuss your service's needs and implementation concerns in relation to the Standards.
Our commitment to high standards in care provision are based on:
- Our team’s expert knowledge and extensive experience in developing the application of theoretical models to practical frameworks.
- Providing our clients with tailored auditing and assessment structures that have solution focused outcomes. We deliver action plans that are continually evaluated for effectiveness.
- Delivering effective staff training based on the key principles which guide residential and community services on how best to provide safe and effective services for adults and children.
Methodology for Service Development
We will support the development of excellence in care provision in your service by:
- Training appropriate personnel with responsibility for quality and auditing.
- Facilitating the formation of schedules and targets in meeting all HIQA and regulatory requirements.
- Assisting service providers in improving their policies and procedures.
- Developing standard operating procedures for consistency in practices with measurable outcomes.
- Improving documentation of complaint management, child and vulnerable adult protection, supervisory and management systems.
- Providing guidance in the creation of tools of engagement for effective communication with service users and their support networks.
- Advising on clear communication with all stakeholders on continuing improvements in care.
- Training all staff in the implementation of individualised support plans and other person centred care practice.
For more information on our new consultancy service, call 0818 220 261 or email email@example.com
The Daffodil Foundation
The Daffodil Foundation, founded in 2015, is an Irish charity. Their mission statement, "Supporting and promoting the wellbeing of young people in Ireland", provides the flexibility to assess evolving challenges faced by young people in Ireland and to apply their resources accordingly.
The work of The Daffodil Foundation will focus on:
- providing free mental health and suicide prevention workshops to schools and youth community groups through a national outreach service supported by Social Care Training Ireland.
- Supporting organisations working with Young People and families in Direct Provision and campaigning for change to bring about a more humane process for those seeking asylum.
- Providing needs-assessed financial support packages for young people leaving care, assisting with their transition to independent living.
The Daffodil Foundation invites organisations to apply for an aftercare award for a young person leaving residential care. They also invite schools and organisations nationwide to apply for a free mental health workshop for young people. Application forms can be downloaded from their website http://www.daffodilfoundation.com. For further information or to support The Daffodil Foundation in their work, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0818 903 984.
Join Social Care Training Ireland's mailing list
Training with Social Care Trainign Ireland is an important step in ensuring that your career is progressive, maximising your potential along with your opportunities to grow and develop as a professional.