Bookings and Schedule
Reflective Practice: Professionalism in Social Care (Dublin)
This course is designed to develop critically reflective professional practitioners. Reflective practice focuses on ethical conduct, resilience in crisis situations, high community engagement and the development of lifelong learning for professional growth.
Reflective practice is, in its simplest form, thinking about or reflecting on what you do. It is closely linked to the concept of learning from experience, in that you think about what you did, and what happened, and decide from that what you would do differently next time. The difference between casual ‘thinking’ and ‘reflective practice’ is that reflective practice requires a conscious effort to think about events, and develop insights into them, i.e. Critical Thinking.
According to many academic sources, reflective practice bridges the gap between theoretical concepts or frameworks and the dynamic experiences of practice and application. In other words, it helps professionals explore theories and to apply them to experiences in a more structured way. These can either be formal theories from academic research, or organisational and professional ideas. It encourages professionals to explore their own beliefs and assumptions and to find solutions to problems.
This six-hour training course will provide participants with the following learning outcomes:
- Be competent with defining and understanding of Reflective Practice
Understand the theories of Reflective Practice including;
- Gibb’s (1988), Schon (1983), Kolb (1984) and Rogers (1951)
- Describe the Legal, Professional and Best Practice Requirements
- Discuss Quality Care and Continuous Development
- An interlink the significance of Reflective Practice with Critical Thinking, Resilience and Continuous Improvement
Learning Activities Summary
- Introduction to Reflective Practice
- Reflective Practice for Social Care Professionals
- Critical Incidents
- Professional, ethical and legal issues for Social Care Professionals
- Early career resilience for Social Care Professionals
- Quality care and professional engagement
- Professional learning and critical thinking
- Attributes of the critical thinker
- Theory and methodology of Reflective Practice and Critical Thinking
Certification: Social Care Training Ireland Certificate in Reflective Practice
For more information on our variety of training courses, contact 0818 220 261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact & Location of selected Schedule
(Lattitude, Longitude) : (53.44749,-6.20075)