Bookings and Schedule
Manual Handling and People/Patient Moving (Dublin)
This course is for healthcare workers who require training in the safe movement and handling of patients under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work 2005 and Manual Handling Regulations 1993 and 2007.
Our course is for those who wish to learn the correct, effective techniques used in the safe moving and handling of people in a variety of settings.
Our Manual Handling and People/Patient Moving training course consists of two modules:
1) The first module consists of our Manual Handling and Workplace Safety training for the lifting and moving of inanimate objects.
2) The second module consists of the People Moving and Handling training. All instructors providing this training have successfully completed QQI Level 6 Manual Handling and People Moving instructor courses.
- Legislation and its application to the manual handling environment
- Musculoskeletal system
- Biomechanics and mechanism of injury
- Ergonomics and risk assessment
- Basic principles of lifting
- Inanimate lifting
Lifting a load from:
- Floor to floor
- Bench to bench
- Bench to height
- Pushing and pulling
- Team handling
- Sitting patient up in bed
- Turning patient in bed using sliding sheets
- Moving patient up the bed using sliding sheets
- Sitting patient to edge of a bed
- Standing patient
- Transferring patient from bed to chair
- The falling patient
- Correct use of the hoist and slings
Students will be evaluated on their patient moving and handling techniques by our trainer. All participants must demonstrate competence in all movement techniques and pass a written theory test.
Duration: Six hours
Certification: Social Care Training Ireland certificate in Manual Handling and People/Patient Moving (valid for three years)
Contact & Location of selected Schedule
(Lattitude, Longitude) : (53.32679,-6.28125)